Prof. Adeline Koh
This is a two part assignment.
Part 1. Twitter assignment
Watch the film Cowboys in Paradise between 7am-10am on Thursday, March 29. You have to watch the film and tweet during this time frame.
While watching the film, think about how Cowboys in Paradise critiques the feminism of Eat, Pray, Love.
Tweet Guidelines: You should have 10 tweets total.
- 2 tweets about the beginning of the film
- 2 tweets about the middle of the film
- 2 tweets about the end of the film
- 2 tweets commenting on how Cowboys in Paradise critiques the feminism of Eat, Pray, Love.
- 2 tweets that COMMENT on your classmates’ tweets about the film.
Cowboys in Paradise is available at the Stockton library and on iTunes.
Part 2. Paper.
- You will have to submit a 2-3 page paper on on how Cowboys in Paradise critiques the feminism of Eat, Pray, Love. under “Assignments” by Thursday, March 29 11.30pm.
Your paper SHOULD INCLUDE ANSWERS TO:
- Reference to twitter conversations with your classmates on the topic.
- Answers to the following questions:
- How does Cowboys in Paradise present a different perspective on the feminism of Eat, Pray, Love?
- What kind of women are left outside of the discussion of feminism in Eat, Pray, Love?
- What feminist theorists do you think inspired Cowboys in Paradise? How are their ideas reflected in the film?
The student presentation videos on Eat, Pray, Love and Cowboys in Paradise will be helpful for you here.